Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Georgia Trip

So I was a horrible blogger this weekend and didn't take very many pictures...I don't know what my deal is! I always have it with me, but I guess I am too busy running after Josiah to take any pictures.

Josh was going to try to get off early on Friday so that we could go ahead and leave to head to Cumming, Ga. We were a little worried if we left before dark that Josiah would be miserable. Josh ended up getting off at 12 so we packed up the car and headed out around 1:00. Josiah totally proved us wrong because he was perfect! I had tons of toys, snacks, and drinks for him! This is what we did most of the way.....
For whatever reason he had fun putting my "clock" on his foot and then taking it off! Hey, whatever makes him happy!

We got to Ken's (Josh's friend) house right around 8:30 there time. We hung out, put Josiah to bed and then went to bed ourselves.

Saturday morning we got up at some Chik-fil-a for breakfast and then went to Walmart to get some food for our cookout! We were having chicken, hot dogs, macaroni -n- cheese and baked beans! My friend Andrea wanted to try to make her Aunt's banana pudding so we bought the stuff to make it too. It was really good...
After we made the mac-n-cheese and the banana pudding we went to the pool for a little while! We had a lot of fun just sitting around relaxing!

Later that night Brad, Lindsay and their little girl Hollie (so cute) came over and cooked out with us. Josiah liked giving kisses to Hollie...
Sunday was a very busy day!

Our friends Stacie and Matthew (they were in our adoption class) just received there baby last Friday! I have been praying for them so much it was really great to see God work out every little detail for their family!! Andrea and I went over to meet baby Cole Sunday morning! Josh and Josiah were going to come with me, but Josiah had a runny nose so I didn't want him to get Cole sick. Cole was absolutely perfect! I am so happy for Stacie and Matthew! I was in tears when I read the email that Stacie sent out about being chosen by Cole's birthmom! Cole was so tiny and I definitely got a little bit of baby fever!
After we left from seeing Cole, Josh and I had a cookout with our old Church group! Man do I miss them! It was so good seeing them! Josiah had so much fun playing with a little girl named Macy. They would chase each other around and Josiah would just laugh and laugh. This was Josiah right after we pulled out of their driveway...he was worn out...

We left the group's cookout around 5 :00 and then headed over to Alicia and Zach's house. They were also in our Church group but they couldn't make it to the cookout because they had company in town. So we stopped by their house for a few minutes! Josiah was very cranky because he only got a 15 minute nap in the car.

We left their house and had one more stop for the day. Josh's old co-worker Mike and his wife Katie asked us to stop by. We hung out their for about 45 minutes and Josiah was so tired so we headed back to Ken's to put him down for the night. (I'm tired just writing about all of that..Whew!)

Once we got Josiah down Andrea came over to Ken's to help me bake cookies for Josh's old work. They love my cookies (I honestly think that is the only reason why they miss us! HAHA)!

Monday morning we got up, got ready and headed to see everyone at Tyson. Josh wanted to see everyone and I promised I would take them cookies! We stayed there for a little over an hour and then we headed into Atlanta for my doctor's appointment.

My appointments were finally over around 2:00 and we were Pensacola bound! The trip back wasn't as good as the way up because Josiah didn't take a nap but it wasn't too bad. I had an awesome time and can't wait to go back in 3 months!

No comments: