Monday, December 27, 2010
Josiah and his Granny P (this is my aunt, but he calls her Granny P!)
Trying some cookie dough out
Me and my sweet boy
I know you are jealous of these...haha!
Friday, December 24, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
I hope everyone is having a great week! I still have a few more presents to buy!
Monday, December 20, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
We haven't spoke to her since the day after Josiah was born except for one email. J's mom emails me every once in awhile to let me know how J is doing and to see how Josiah is but other than that I don't hear from them. (Some people may not want any contact, but I like to know that J is doing good!) We have to send pictures every once in awhile to Bethany Christian Services and I also send J's mom some too!
I haven't heard from her mom in over 5 months but I received an email today! She said that J is starting college in January! This just makes me so happy! I am so excited for her! J's mom also asked me to send some pictures because she wants to make J a photo album of Josiah! I have been wanting to do this, but I don't have an address for her and I didn't know how she would feel about it. I am so glad she is doing this for her, so I am going to go through all of my pictures and send her a ton of our sweet baby boy!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Josh has 5 people that work in his part of the office so I decided to do this . They are Smores Bars and they are delicious!
You put the following ingredients in a Mason jar:
1 1/2 cup of teddy grahams
1 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows
1 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of brown sugar
I then put the directions on the back of the name tag!
Preheat oven to 350
Prepare 9" square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray
Pour contents of jar along with 1/2 cup of butter into the prepared dish and press firmly. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Cut into squares.
Thursday, December 9, 2010
2. We finally got our Christmas tree decorations up! We have been doing a little bit every night. I love when Josiah wakes up and he sees something new - his face is priceless! He really enjoys seeing the Christmas lights on the houses in the neighborhood..maybe we will get ours up before Christmas is over! HA!
3. I know this is going to sound crazy and it may be a little TMI but Josiah is pooping on the potty! We are not pressuring him to do this because I think it is a little too early, but he insists. He points to his diaper and I ask him if he has to poop and he runs to the bathroom! It may just be right now and nothing may come from it, but I am a little happy! He also points when he is peeing, but we haven't made it to the potty yet before he goes in his diaper. We will see what happens.
4. I am looking forward to all the baking in the next few weeks! I love making Christmas candy and I love family traditions! We always go to my mom's house and make sugar cookies and decorate them, they turn out awful looking, but it is so much fun! I also go to my friend Rach's mom's house every year and they bake tons of goodies!
5. I have tons of Christmas shopping left...I know this is bad, but what can I say? I am a procrastinator. I hate being stressed out, but I never shop early. This weekend I plan to finish up.....I think..
6. I have half of my Christmas cards done, the other half are waiting on me to go to the post office and get stamps, but like I said before I am resting so this will have to wait till tomorrow (nothing like waiting till the last minute)! They are so cute and I will post a picture of them once I get them out.
7. Did I mention Ellen is hilarious?! I seriously laugh out loud while watching this show. If you need a good laugh, you should watch it!
8. Josh is finally done with his class as of tomorrow! He has been working too much and then coming home and studying all night long. He has his final in the morning so I am praying that it goes well and that he passes! We are definitely going to celebrate this weekend!!! He is amazing!
9. Josiah is so much fun right now! He has such an awesome personality, but we are struggling with temper tantrums still. His new thing is that he likes to hit and as he pulls away he digs his fingernails in your arm/face/whatever he finds. This makes me so angry, but I have learned to blow it off and tell him not to hit and he seems to be doing a little bit better. I hope this doesn't get any worse, but I'm sure it will. Does anyone have any good tips?
10. I have been awful about cooking dinners lately. Josh has been getting home around 7 and by the time he hangs out with Josiah and we put him down it's 8:00. Who wants to cook that late, better yet who wants to eat that late? We have had a lot of pb&js and turkey sandwiches around here. Well, I went to walmart on Sunday and picked up some food for meals. I haven't cooked yet, but I plan on it! I took out chicken so we could have baked chicken and baked potatoes for dinner! Maybe this will be a new trend around here.
11. I thought I had more to talk about, but I think I am done. I'm going to finish watching tv and eat some lunch! Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday...it is Thursday right?!
Monday, December 6, 2010
The front door
The mommy-to-be with the hostesses
Cracker Jacks for everyone. They said "Thanks for coming! Hope you had a ball!"
Jaime opening a few of her presents!
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
We left my aunt and uncle's and ran up to Old Navy. If you had an Old Navy card you received the same deals as you would if you went on Black Friday! I don't usually like the way Old Navy jeans fit, but I couldn't pass up jeans for $15! Josh and I racked up on some clothes and are going to wrap them up as our presents!
After buying out Old Navy we headed to Josh's parents! We had a house full! Here is Josiah playing with his cousins... He is in heaven when they are around!
Here is Josh and Daddy scoping out the deals for Black Friday...
We were going to get up and go to Khol's and Walmart but Thursday night we decided against it! I didn't really wanna wake up that early and then be tired for our vacation! I have a ton of pictures to post from our vacation! We had so much fun and I am sad that it is over and Josh is back at work. I hope to get those pictures up soon, but I have a ton of things to do for Jaime's shower on Saturday and Josh needs the computer for his 1o page paper that is due on Friday!
Thursday, November 25, 2010
I have so much to be thankful for! God has blessed me and my family with so much! He is amazing!
We aren't ready yet, so I don't have a picture of our lil' man, but here he is last year!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Friday, November 19, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
My sweet baby is 16 months OLD!!! I haven't posted a monthly post in forever so I thought I would do it today! He is doing so many things and is the smartest little boy ever! (Haha I think every parent says that!)
- He is wearing 18-24 month clothes and 24 month old pjs
- He started being very picky with food! Up until now he has ate everything. If you put something on his plate and he won't eat it all you have to do is put ketchup next to eat and he will eat it. He will dunk anything and everything in ketchup; peanut butter sandwich, carrots, tomatoes, green beans, chicken nuggets, etc.
- We finally got rid of his night time bottle about 3 weeks ago and he never even noticed! I think it was harder for my and daddy! Josh always gave Josiah his night time bottle so that was their time.
- He started to watch "Mick" (Mickey) on t.v. This is the first show that keeps his interest.
- He is starting to talk a little more. He says momma, dadda, gaga (for Granny), pop, baa (for Uncle Bobby), moe (more), mal (for mali our dog), mick, and the list could go on.
- He can tell you how old he is by sticking up his pointer finger.
- You can tell him to squint and he does this:
- He has started copying every motion you make! This is by far the funniest thing ever! The other day the Eagles were on TV and they scored so Josh got up and started dancing and Josiah tried to do the same thing! Hilarious!
I could brag for days! This age is so much fun! I love him and I am so blessed to be able to stay home with him and see him grow up!
Monday, November 15, 2010
Here is Amanda and Ava! ADORABLE!
Josiah running around the hospital having fun waiting on his girlfriend!
Friday night I went to help my cousin and his fiance decorate for their wedding, but first we went to Sidelines to eat! They did a simple wedding with their close friends and family!
Josh and I at the wedding! It was such a gorgeous day!