Thursday, July 19, 2012

Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos

It seems like it has been forever since I cooked.  I haven't done much of it since Adalyn was born.  Unless if you count popping some corn dogs in the oven cooking.  Josh and I have been feeling awful from the lack of health food so we decided it was time to go grocery shopping and have a somewhat of a healthy meal plan.  I saw this recipe on Pinterest the other night and thought it sounded amazing!!!

It was so easy and quick to make and you can even freeze them and have them another night.  I didn't know how they were going to turn out so I made half a batch.  I also made my own version of this. 

Here is my version (click above for the actual recipe):

2 cans of chicken (in water)  {the actually recipe calls for shredding chicken, but when you are cooking dinner and worrying about kids you don't have time for all that!!}
1/2 stick of cream cheese softened ( (I used Neufchatel cheese)
bacon bits  {actual recipe calls for real bacon, but as I said earlier..I didn't have time to fry up some bacon}
1/2 packet of dry ranch dressing mix
1 cup of pepper jack cheese  {actual recipe called for Monterrey jack cheese, but I thought this gave it some more flavor}
10 - 6 inch tortilla shells
non-stick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Make sure your cream cheese is soft.  I just threw mine in the microwave for a few seconds.  Mix in chicken, bacon bits, cheese and ranch mix.



Spray cookie sheet.  I then used a cookie scoop to scoop my chicken mixture on my tortilla shell.  I used two big scoops but the recipe calls for 2-3 tbls.  Roll the shells up and put the opening part down on the cookie sheet.  Repeat until all the mixture is gone.



Spray the tops of the tortilla shells with non-stick cooking spray.  



Put in the oven for about 10 minutes.



They turned out so good that I brought some leftovers for lunch today!!!  This will be on our future meal plans!  

No comments: