Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Today is a really sad day.  I cannot believe it has been 10 years since the tragedy of the twin towers.  It really does break my heart to even think about it.  Every time a commercial comes on or someone talks about it my eyes just start watering.  I really want to watch the shows that are remembering today, but I don't think I would even get through two seconds of it.  That day change the United States forever.  Lives were changed forever.  And people will be missed forever.  But I will never ever forget that day. 

Where were you that day?  I was sitting in homeroom when our teacher turned on the t.v. and it was a live feed from New York and it was showing the first tower that was hit.  As the news reporter was talking about the first tower going down, we then saw the second one going down.  It was unbelievable.  I was scared.  I didn't think anything like that could ever happen here where we live. 

Today as I remember that day I think about all those lives that were taken.  Innocent lives.  People that were just doing everyday stuff...they had no clue what was about to happen.  Family members, friends, co-workers all lost loved ones.  Devastating.  This day will never be forgotten and all those people that lost their lives are Heroes in my book.  The men and women that are fighting for my freedom are also my heroes.  I hope we never have to experience something like that ever again. 

Even thought today is remembered because of that...it is also someone's birthday around here!  I will post about that later!! :)

No comments: