Saturday, October 1, 2011

Five Years Ago

Ok..I am going to try to make the short and to the point!  I just want people to know that God is awesome.  If you don't believe it you should read my story! 

Five years ago today my life was changed forever.  It was a bittersweet day.  I was rushed to the hospital because I passed out and Josh (we were only married for 6 months at the time) had to give me CPR.  I owe this guy, he saved my life!!!!  I stayed in the hospital for 30 days.  This was tough.  The first few days they ran tests and more test.  They didn't know what was wrong.  I continued to get worse and they didn't think I was going to make it.  My awesome close friends and family flew all the way to Missouri to see me.  I thought my last day was going to come soon.  I prayed and prayed.  The doctors finally diagnosed me with Pulmonary Hypertension (PH) and said I was going to have to get a double lung heart transplant!  HELLO?!  A what?!  Yeah I was scared.  The doctors talk to other doctors in different states that had dealt with patients with PH and found out there was a medicine that would help treat it.  I started the treatment right away and I also started feeling better right away.  It was great...the downfall was that I was hooked up to a pump that pumped  medicine in my central line 24/7.  I was not to be disconnected for more than 6 minutes or I could die.  I went home on this medicine October 31st. 

Since then I have switched to two different medicines and I am now on an inhaler and no pump!!!! YAY!!  I can go swimming and I am free of being on a pump!  God is awesome!  I'm not glad that I have PH but I am glad I went through that.  Sounds crazy right?  Well, it changed me.  I am now a better person because of that.  I try to take every second of everyday and live in that moment.  My life could have ended very quickly five years ago but some reason God wanted me to stick around for longer.  How much longer?  I don't know but I don't want to miss whatever he has in store for me.  I look at situations totally different now.  I sincerely love this life that I am blessed with and thank God every day that I am here.  Life is short so enjoy it while you are here!!!

No comments: