Saturday, March 5, 2011

Caramel Rolls

I still haven't been baking but a few people have asked for my Caramel Rolls recipe...

Ingredients
Dough:
Pillsbury Hot Roll Mix (I think the box calls for an egg and some sugar)

Filling:
Butter
1/2 - 3/4 cup of light brown sugar
2 tsp of Cinnamon

Topping:
4 tbls of unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar
3 tbls of milk

I use the Pillsbury Hot Roll mix and follow the directions for the Cinnamon rolls on the side.


Preheat the over to 350. After following the directions on the box I roll the dough out on the counter and spread butter all on the dough and then I sprinkle about 1/2 - 3/4 cup of light brown sugar and 2tsp of Cinnamon. I roll up the dough so it looks like this...

Once it is rolled up I use dental floss to cut the dough (this works so much better than trying to cut it with a knife!) I cut about 12 rolls.

I then put the rolls in two different pans. Mix the topping ingredients and then put the topping on all the rolls. Let them cook in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
When they are nice and golden brown take them out of the oven and flip them over on a plate.
Enjoy!

No comments: