Friday, August 6, 2010

Sick little boy :(

Yesterday Josiah woke up and he had a fever of 100. I didn't think too much of it because he was still running around and wanting to go outside. He was a little fussy but I thought maybe his teeth were bothering him. I checked his temp in the afternoon and it was 101. I started to get a little worried so I called his doctor's office and they said just to keep an eye on him and to call back if it got worse. I gave him some Tylenol before he went to bed and even went and check his temp while he was sleeping. He seemed to be doing ok.

He slept through the night and then when he woke up this morning and I picked him up out of his crib he was burning up. I quickly found the thermometer and it said 102.7! I started freaking out. I gave him some Tylenol and waited till 7:45 to call the doctor's office. They told me to come on in at 9:00. I got there at 8:45 and they got my right back. As soon as I sat Josiah on the scale his started screaming bloody murder (I guess he remembered that he was there last week and they had given him 3 shots!) I felt so bad for him. He finally settled down after the nurse left the room. Then the doc came in and Josiah started screaming all over again. The doctor checked him out and said that his throat was very red and that they would check for strep throat. Luckily the test came back negative, but he still has a viral infection. There is nothing we can give him besides Tylenol. I feel horrible that I can't make him feel better. The doctor said that it could take up to 4 days for him to feel 100% :( He is still running around playing, but you can tell in his eyes that he just doesn't feel good. I hope he feels better soon!

No comments: