Monday, March 12, 2012

Oatmeal Cream Pies

(My picture)

In my last post I told y'all I was making these and if they turned out good I would tell y'all about them.  Stop what you are doing and go get the ingredients....they are awesome!!!!  I made them at my mom's last night and she already had all of the ingredients and Josh's Aunt T had given me the marshmallow cream puff so I was good to go!

Here is the site that I got the idea from.  I found them on pinterest but I like to show y'all the actual site to give them credit.  So go over and check out her page with all the pictures.


Ingredients for Cookies
1 stick of butter (room temperature)
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 1/4 cup of flour
1 1/2 cup of oats
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon

Beat the stick of butter and brown sugar together.  The recipe called for 5 minutes.  I did it for that long and the mixture got nice and fluffy.

Add the egg and vanilla.

In a separate bowl I stirred the rest of the ingredients together.  I then put the dry ingredients slowly into the butter mixture and mixed it really well. 

Heat oven to 375.  Spoon mixture (tablespoon size) onto a cookie sheet and bake.  The recipe called for 8-10 minutes.  I'm not sure if it was my mom's oven or if I made them smaller, but it did not take me 8-10 minutes so watch the first batch carefully to see how your oven cooks them. 

While you are baking the cookies you can make the yummy goodness in the middle.

Ingredients for yummy goodness in the middle
1 stick of butter
1 (7oz) marshmallow creme
3 cups of powder sugar
1 tsp of vanilla

Mix the butter and marshmallow creme until blended together.  Slowly add the powder sugar and vanilla.

Once cookies are cooled place a good amount of filling on one cookie and sandwich together another cookie.

I ended up making a double batch of cookies and had enough filling for all of them.  It just depends on how much filling you want on each cookie.

My family loved these.  I am not a fan of oatmeal pies but they were amazing.  Don't forget to check out the actual website I found these at here.  She deserves the credit!!!

 FYI, the cookie dough is delicious.  The cookies themselves are delicious.  I can't wait to try them with chocolate chips in them too! 

No comments: