Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps

I am in LOVE with the new recipes that I have been trying. This is another one I saw on Pinterest. It is Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps. The website I went to was Mel's Kitchen Cafe. I made mine completely different, but I got the concept from her website. (if you like to use fresh onions, tomatoes, etc. check out her website!)

Ingredients
Can of Chicken
Taco seasoning
Can of Black Beans
Rice (I just had about a cup leftover from the night before)
Can of Rotel
Cheese
Flour Tortillas of any kind
Toothpicks
Butter
Sour Cream (optional)

I warmed up my can of chicken and added the taco seasoning. In a separate pan I warmed up my black beans. In another separate pan I warmed up my rice and added the can of Rotel (I emptied out most of the juice). In the pan of rice and Rotel I even added a little bit of taco seasoning.

I buttered the tortillas (next time I will probably just use EVOO or cooking spray). On the non-buttery side I started with cheese, chicken, beans and then rice. They wouldn't stay shut so I used toothpicks to hold them together.

I turned my oven on broil and popped them in the oven.



This is what they looked like right before I bit into them. I have to admit..they were delicious!


I'm not a fan of sour cream, but Josh added some to his afterwards.

No comments: