Tuesday, March 5, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Fun

Since St. Patty's Day is coming up I wanted to have a little fun with it over the next week or so.  I tried to find something on Pinterest to do with Josiah but I didn't have all the supplies for the projects I found so I decided to come up with something myself!  Josiah knows his letter really good and most of his number but a few of them he has problems with remembering. 

What you need:
Scrap piece of paper
Marker
Snacks - teddy grahams, goldfish or any snack that is little

I just drew some clovers on a piece of green scrap paper I had laying around.  At the bottom I glued on a Pot of Gold but you wouldn't even have to do that if you didn't want to. 

I put some snacks in a bowl and told him he had to put the number of snacks that were in the clover.  He loved it!!!! 



 
 
When we were done "playing" with our food Josiah said, "Are we going to give Paddy this piece of paper when we are done?"  He doesn't quite get what St. Patty's day is, I thought it was too funny!  I love coming up/finding new ideas that are fun for him to learn!  It's hard keeping this big guy interested in things but when I do he really learns a lot.  We will be using this again in the next few days since he had such fun with it!
 

No comments: