Sunday, October 21, 2012

Almost 28

This time of year is always bittersweet for me!

Fall, my birthday, the fair, Halloween, cool nights, the fire pit, roasting marshmallows for s'mores...okay you get my point!! I love this time of year!

But fall also reminds me of some of the roughest days of my life. If you've read my blog for awhile or know me pretty well you know six years ago I was in the hospital. From October 1st to October 31st.

Scariest time of my life.

I didn't know if I would ever make it out of the hospital. For those of you that don't know I was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension and they expected me not to make it and if I did I would need a double lung heart transplant. I turned 22 in that hospital and thought it was my last birthday.

So here I about to turn 28. Alive. No transplants. Living a life I only dreamed about. Living this life because of my God. He let me live for a reason. He gave me (almost) six more birthdays so far. I can't help but thank Him everyday that I wake up next to my amazing husband and my two healthy beautiful babies.

Life is great, even on the bad days, life is great!

So here's to another birthday, living with pulmonary hypertension. Most people are stressing because they are getting old! I'm thankful for seeing 28 and hoping for 28 more!!

2 comments:

The Kirkland's said...

Wow Nicole, what an awesome testimony. I Hope you have a great birthday / Fall!

Nicole said...

Thank you girl!! :)