Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Adalyn's Birthday

Thursday we headed to the doctor's office in hopes of meeting our baby girl!  That appointment seemed like it took forever.  Then the doctor said the best thing ever!!  "Let's go to labor and delivery"!  We headed over there thinking it was going to be later in the afternoon before we were able to go back for a C-section.  Little did we know within 2 hours we would see Adalyn for the first time.  I got dressed in my little hair net and my other attire for the OR.  Then I waited for the birthmom to be prepped.  I was so anxious!  Time stood still. 

Once I got back into the OR it was literally 11 minutes and Adalyn was born.  It was such an amazing experience!!!!  I was so lucky to be able to be back there when she was born. 

One of the sweet nurses took a picture of me and Adalyn as I waited for the birthmom to finish her surgery. 

I asked if I could sneak Josh back there for a few minutes so he could meet his sweet little daughter!  Look at his face!!!  That is one proud daddy right there!!!!

A few hours later Josiah came up to see his baby sister!  He was so curious about her and so sweet!!!  He wanted to hold her!  This was us looking into the nursery!



We ended up staying at the hospital for two nights while Josiah spent the night with my parents.  We thought it would be a great idea to take some time out and take Josiah to the mall to ride the train and get some cookies!!  We had a blast.  We also headed over to Toys R Us and bought him a new scooter! 


What an amazing experience this last 7+ months have been.  If it wasn't for the amazing birthmom we wouldn't have experienced ultrasounds, doctors appointments, feeling Adalyn kick, the actual C-section, staying in the hospital and mostly meeting our daughter.  Words can never express how we feel towards her.  She holds a special place in our hearts and can never explain how blessed we are because of her.  I just pray for her and I know God will continue to bless her in so many ways.  What an amazing woman she is! 

Adalyn Grace, you are so special.  You mean the world to us and can't wait to see what God has in store for you, and for our new family of four!  Life is good and God is great!!!!

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Oh Nicole, she is beautiful! Congratulations :) I know you are soaking up every cuddle-filled moment!

Nicole said...

Thank you!!!! She is so cuddly!!!!!!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

She is beautiful like her momma. We Love her like you too!!! POPPOP