Friday, May 20, 2011

Phone Call

I've been trying to decide if I should write about this or not, but then I started to think....I write the blog so people can follow our story of adoption to see how it all happens and for myself so I can remember the most important days of our lives.

The other day I wrote about how we received a phone call that could possibly change our lives! We don't have much information but we know that there is a young lady that made the decision to place her child for adoption. One of our friend's mom's told them about Josh and I and they are going to call us in the next few weeks to maybe set up a time to meet.

When you are an adoptive parent you always know in the back of your mind that you may not be chosen or the birthparents may choose to parent their baby. Before we were blessed with Josiah we had a few babies that were mentioned to us but nothing ever happened. At the time we were a little upset, but as soon as Josiah came into our lives we knew that God had a plan for us all along. He knew Josiah was meant to be in our lives so the other children didn't work out. I truly believe that God already has our next baby picked out for us. Is it this little girl?! I would hope so, everything seems so right so far, but only time will tell! I pray that God will be with the birthmother through this tough time. I pray that God will guide the birthmother in the right direction to help her choose the best parents for her whether it be us or another couple.

With all that being said, I am excited!!!!!!!! I can deal with a little disappointment if we aren't the adoptive parents but I want to be excited just in case we are chosen!!! I ask that you continue to pray for everyone. I will keep you guys posted when I find out something in the next few weeks!


"Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust" Psalm 40:4

No comments: