Friday, August 22, 2014

M&Ms and School Talk

Josiah started kindergarten this week!!! OMG...I can't believe it.  I will do another post later about that (hopefully...ha!)
 
I don't know about your kids...but Josiah never wants to tell me how his day went.  Last year in Pre-k I would ask him and he would say "I can't remember."  Thankfully, before we moved I had friends that their kids would tell them about their day so I would get the scoop from them. 
 
We had an incident when we first move here that one of the kids were being very mean to Josiah and I didn't find out until the teacher conference at the end of the year.  Well since we are new here, I don't have anyone to ask yet.  I was determined to get a little bit of information out of him.  I decided to have an M&M Questionnaire.  I would let him have one fun size pack of M&M's and he had to tell me a color and I would ask that question on that color that I previously made. 
 
 

This worked great and he even opened up about some other things they did at school!!!  I posted a picture of it on Facebook and Instagram and everyone loved it so I thought I would share on here so maybe it will help out other parents too!!! 

I think I am going to try to do this once a week in hopes that I can get him to start talking to me just a little bit about school!!! 

No comments: